Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Exersaucer

As my good friend Stephanie put it, "Why do our babies love the most hideous things?" When I went to register for baby stuff, I picked out an ExerSaucer (that was much plainer than the one pictured below). But when I went home, I had a panic attack about actually having it in my house and promptly removed it from my registry.
But now, thanks to the generosity of a couple from church, we have succumbed to the offensively bright and crazy world of the ExerSaucer. Why? Because Rock LOVES IT.
He can spend up to an hour slowly taking inventory of the the many toys on this plastic baby entertaining marvel.
Please appreciate how I dressed him in the busiest pattern I could find so his outfit would work with the sensory-overload theme of his new toy.
Of course the main reason he seems to love the ExerSaucer is that it has numerous items that can help him with the continual process of teething.

When this smile is the end result, how could we NOT put the boy in this crazy contraption?

3 comments:

RB said...

I can assure you that in the old days, before color, kids still loved their toys.

I know I always loved my monochromatic wooden block when I was a baby boy... but I guess the times have changed.

RB said...

I can assure you that in the old days, before color, kids still loved their toys.

I know I always loved my monochromatic wooden block when I was a baby boy... but I guess the times have changed.

Isaac and Joanna said...

Rach~ I'm sure you've heard this by now, but if you're looking for yourself in Rock, he totally has your eyes!! I really saw it in the second to last of this series of photos where he's sucking on his green toy -- his eyes are shaped just like yours and his lashes are just as long and beautiful. =)