Friday, July 25, 2008

JUNE UPDATE: Father's Day

And thus begins the MAJOR UPDATE on what we've been doing for the past month or so. Sorry we've been silent for so long! But I promise to post a LOT of new things to catch you up! First off, Father's Day weekend...
Fix started the weekend by cutting Rock's hair in the AWFUL manner pictured above. Because the next day was Father's Day, I decided to allow Fix to live. I tried (didn't really succeed) to make Rock's hair look a little better and then we (Rock and I -- we left Fix at home to finish his sermon) went to the BOWIE BAYSOX GAME to see Rock's Grandpa Rocket throw the first pitch.
Here he is (in the center of the shot above in the yellow shirt) right before he threw his first pitch. For the record, he was one of about 12 people who threw "first" pitches at this game.

For those of you who care, here's a video of the big moment!

Rock was so proud of his Grandpa. He also loved trying to steal his Grandpa's beer (see the delighted yet mischievious look on his face). All I can say is uh-oh.

It was Flag Day so they gave out free flags at the game. Rock did not put his down for about 8 days after the game. He loves anything that can extend his reach.

Mother and Son and mom's free New England Financial hat!!! One of the many perks of coming with the man who throws one of the 13 first pitches at the Bowie Baysox Game.

For Father's Day, I decided to try making another carrot cake. Since the recipe I used for Easter didn't turn out well, I found another and gave it another shot. Again, I made my own icing without corn.

Although this was much better than the attempt at Easter, it was still dry. I think our oven runs hot.

However, Fix still loved it. That is, until he got his gift from his son...

Only 9 months old and he's already out-doing his mother!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! That was A LOT of updates! Rock is growing into quite the little cutie....wait....he's always been cute.

Looks like you guys have been having a blast. Can't wait to join in some of the fun!

RB said...

A bottle of scotch is a beautiful present. The boy knows his father's heart.... or liver.