Saturday, November 28, 2009

Comments

Me: Rock, what do you think we should name your baby sister?
Rock: My favorite girls name.
Me: What name is that?
Rock: Shin. (said with look that says "Duh Mom.")
Me: Shin?
Rock: Yes, that is my favorite girls name.
In several conversations since this one, he has continued to confirm that "Shin"' is his favorite girls name. I don't know where it comes from as he doesn't even know that he has a body part called a shin. I've told him "Shin" would be a great nickname.
At Juju's house the other day, I was in one room while Juju and Rock were playing in another. When I went in to ask Rock what he was doing he pointed to the door and said "Mom, please give me some privacy."
Me: Rock did you have any dreams last night?
Rock: Yes.
Me: What did you dream about?
Rock: BANANAS!!!
Driving home late one night...
Me: Rock, when we get home you have to go right to bed.
Rock: Why Mommy?
Me: Because it's late and you need your sleep.
Rock: I don't want to go to bed. I want to play for a few minutes.
Me: Rock, who's in charge of making this decision?
Rock: Mommy.
Me: So if I say that you are going to go right to bed, you will go right to bed. End of discussion.
Rock: I want to be in charge too.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Love these! He speaks very well for a 2 year old! Kristin is almost 3 and isn't nearly this conversational yet.

Deb said...

Oh my goodness! This is the CUTEST, funniest slew of comments from the boy!! Haha. Especially the one about wanting privacy. Whoa...where did THAT come from?? :)

Jen said...

Smart lil man. Very cute exchanges between the two of you. I'm sure he keeps you on your toes! Hopefully, lil Shin will cooperate and give you an easy pregnancy the whole rest of the way through!

fisherdm said...

I sure dig that R. Daniel. Terrific red jacket!

Lynn said...

Love this!

My favorite is the "I want to be in charge too" comment. Awesome.