Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grilled Cheese Party!

Last Saturday, I co-hosted a Grilled Cheese Party with my friends Lynn and Nancy. We invited all the preschoolers from church and their families.
For the adults we made three types of gourmet grilled cheese: Gorgonzola and Honey on Whole Wheat, Cheddar and Mango Chutney on Whole Wheat, and Mozzarella, Prosciutto, and Basil on Italian. I recommend them all very highly.
We also made regular old American and White bread sandwiches for the kids.
There was plenty of Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup and veggies and apple slices to go around. For dessert we had Pumpkin Cake and Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake.
We held the event at Lynn's house since she decorates for every season and her Fall decor was very festive.
Thank you Lynn and Nancy for helping to throw a fabulous, yummy party!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay, you win the "get the post up" prize....not that I've been doing a very good job of competing for said nonexistent prize.

Anyway, it was a WONDERFUL party. Great idea, Rachel. We had all three grilled cheeses with homemade Curried Acorn Squash and Apple Soup for dinner. Very yummy and very fall-like.

Sarah said...

Note. You may now move to my house and throw me parties.

Annie said...

Quite a house Lynn has! Wow!
Looks like a grand time...I only wish I could have samples them...they sound fabulous!!!
~annie