Thursday, January 31, 2008

4 month appointment on January 21st!

What me? 4 months old?!
Doctors appointments have come to be a big deal in our house because well, we have a big boy! Everyone was anxious to hear how much weight/length/etc. Rock had added on in the past two months. My cousin Tyler held the record with 19 lbs. 5 oz. at his 4 month appointment. We were hoping to break that record.
Unfortunately, Rock did not break the record. He weighed in at ONLY 19 lbs. and 27" long! This was right after we found out that he's still in the 95 + percentile for all his measurements. You can see he was stunned. His length is the average length of a 7 month old.
And his head is the size of an average 9 month old! Good job Rock! This was pretty exciting to him, almost as exciting as the paper that they put on the doctor's table. See below. (Just a quick note as to why he's wearing just a diaper and a snow cap... we had to keep him in just his diaper for the doctor to examine him but it was FREEZING cold in this waiting room... also the hat is from Rock's good friend Melissa C. in California)

6 comments:

Christel said...

Goodness me! That's how big Geneva was at her 9 month appointment!

Examining table paper is the best plaything.

Elizabeth said...

Okay, so I know I should leave a more substantial comment than this (and I should comment more often), but it is what it is.

Caleb really enjoyed listening to Rock's noises in the video clip. He's sitting next to me here in his exersaucer (a little whiny) and he got very quiet when it started playing and listened intently and then gave me a big smile. So, I immediately played it again.

Lynn said...

Doesn't anyone else think it is hilarious that you took a video camera to his MD apt?

Love the na.ked fat rolls. Just want to squeeze him!

Mrs. Fix said...

I just wanted to say that I'm glad Caleb enjoyed the video and we only took the camera to his appointment -- that's why the quality of the video is so poor! :)

Katie said...

Hooray for fat babies! Erin was 24 lbs and 29" at 9 months - looks like Rock is on his way to beating that record, too.

I recognize the burp cloth! Glad you're getting good use out of it. I always keep a flannel blanket in my diaper bag. Comes in handy for nursing in public and bundling babies in freezing doctor's offices.

J. Flip said...

This video looks like a junior "Oceans of Tinfoil" moment.