Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthday Dinner at the Hathaways

Okay so if you are having a birthday in the near future, you should let the Hathaways know. They treated me (and Rock and Fix) to an amazing birthday dinner/celebration on the 9th.
Aiden made me a Birthday card with a picture of his mom bringing me a cupcake. This was clearly the focus of the evening for Aiden but more on that later...Sophie's picture showed me with one other girl. I forget if it's Annie or Sophie in the picture. They look so much alike.
Annie cooked a delicious turkey, heavenly mashed potatoes, homemade bread and the best asparagus I've ever tasted.
Although he's zoned out in his pre-dinner state here, Clip is one loveable little guy. He gave me (and Rock) some birthday hugs and kisses.
I was also privileged to have Brandon Bernard (the dog puppet) attend my birthday dinner.
Fix read to the boys to keep them entertained during the after-dinner-pre-cake portion of the evening.
Now in these next four shots, pay attention to Aiden. It should be noted that he asked his mother when we would be eating the cupcakes at least 17 times during dinner. Here he is thrilled that we are finally getting to the singing part.
As I beckoned Rock to help me blow out the candles, Aiden peeled the paper wrapper off his cupcake. Gotta be prepared...
And before the birthday candle was extinguished, Aiden's cupcake was in his mouth.
Looks like Rock is going to be a tattle tale. He's already calling Aiden out!
After one bite, I could understand why Aiden couldn't wait. I was halfway done with my heart-shaped confection when I remembered to take a picture. YUM!
Thank you again to the Hathaways for making me feel like a birthday princess!

2 comments:

Annie said...

You are very kind! Enough Olive oil and garlic salt can make any Asparagus good, I suppose! :) It was SUCH a treat to have you and I hope we can do it again soon! I only wish I had thought to send you home with some turkey leftovers! Shoot! :)
Happy Birthday, dear friend! We love you and were so happy to be able to celebrate with you!
Love,
~annie
p.s. Why didn't you post any pictures of yourself in the 4T-toddler sized tutu?! :)

Lynn said...

Looks like a treat. Love the tiara....Adeline wore one just like it for her 1st birthday.