Saturday, February 13, 2010

A PERFECT Birthday!

So, like I said, my 30th birthday started with breakfast at Panera with the boys. Which was PERFECT in that I didn't have to cook, I got to eat yummy food, and I love Fix and Rock. Then Rock and I left Fix to study and write his sermon while we had a fun adventure...
At Righttime Urgent Care! Fix and I were both hearing a lot of labored breathing from this kid so we figured he needed some urgent care to make sure the latest cough/cold was leaving his system as it should. The doctor said he couldn't hear anything in his lungs, but he did discover an ear infection -- Rock's very first one!
After getting his prescription filled, we went shopping and used all my birthday coupons for free/discounted things. When we got home, this PERFECT bouquet of happy gerber daisies was waiting for me! Certainly brightened up my snowed-in-will-Spring-ever-come?-world!
After dropping Rock off at my parents, Fix took me out to a romantic dinner at 4 Seasons Grille in Crofton. Which was PERFECT because I have been dying to go there and yet Fix picked it out with no input from me! I hadn't mentioned it recently so I was touched that he remembered!
Now, I always love time alone with my PERFECT husband, but I have to admit that I found my(extroverted)self thinking at dinner that we should have asked a few friends to come out with us...
Little did I know that back at my parents house, a few friends and family were waiting to throw me a PERFECT surprise party! It was PERFECT in that Fix planned it all and yet I had NO CLUE it was coming. My husband knows how much I love surprises and it was so nice to celebrate this milestone with friends. So, all in all, it was a PERFECT day and the PERFECT way to usher in this new decade of life! Bring on the 30's!

3 comments:

Susanna said...

I like that in the your surprised pic, you are standing in front of the Vermeer print with the preggo lady. And you two are dressed in similar colors. Crazy.

Annie said...

I have never ever seen a more beautiful bouquet of birthday flowers!!! Absolutely STUNNING!!!
So glad you had such a PERFECT day!! Can't ask for anything more!

Love,
~annie

Lynn said...

What a great day!! Worthy of bringing in another decade. Beautiful flowers and great surprise face...